Sunday, October 17, 2010

BP 9 eBoard

eBoard Home

While exploring the web for something spectacular to use within my Action Research Project (ARP) I stumbled upon a Web 2.0 cool tool called eBoard.  This tool is cool because teachers who are participating throughout my ARP process already have this phenomenal tool within their school district.  What I discovered is that either they are not using it at all or, they are not using it to it's fullest potential.  Prior to this review I personally had not used this gift.  As of today however, this has now changed.  Accessibility for students, parents, teachers, administrators and even my professors is available.  Users can log in and take a look at items posted on the board.  There are many uses for this kind of learning environment.  I will personalize one note and make it password protected for my teacher participants and critical friends.  This way they will have one location to go to and get updates and information on what I need them to do in order to make my to ARP a smooth piece of work in.  Also, for my ARP, teacher participants and critical friends will be able to collaborate with each other using a feature called INote.  This is an online discussion that will allow users to post comments that we can be private or shared.

We have a fantastic deal within our districts because eBoard also incorporates many other features such as:  Explaining what a note is, how to post a note, add images, and format the text using bold, italicized, centering etc.  eBoard shows you how to add pictures and documents, clone (make a copy of a note, and change the order of the notes.  To be able to archive information, users can place info in the recycle bin or retrieve info from the recycle bin -- this is another great feature.

What I like most, is that there is no limit on the number of attachments,.  Users must be mindful however, that the total size of the attachments combined is limited.  Since we all utilize license agreements through our perspective districts,  each teacher participant will have up to 500 MB of attachments available.  Since these boards will change on a regular basis,  I’m confident that positive we will have a plethora of space to work with.  This is the easiest and fastest way for educators, parents, and students to post information online.  The benefits for teachers to use this tool within their personal environment with their students and parents are only imaginable!  Take a look at eBoard.

Deborah


2 comments:

  1. Deb, my district has eboard. I haven't used it but reading your review makes me wonder if i need to start. This way I don't have to email individual parents or students. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherelle TreadwellSimsOctober 20, 2010 at 9:28 AM

    eBoard appears to be an excellent technological tool that all educators would benefit from. The problem is that my district has had it for some years now but myself and many others have not been trained on it.
    Cherelle Treadwell-Sims

    ReplyDelete